Friday, August 9, 2019

Trust in God’s Unending Love

Scripture:

“But I am like a flourishing olive tree, anointed in the house of God. I trust in the unending love of God; his passion toward me is forever and ever.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭52:8‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

In this verse, you can see the confidence the author has in the unending love of God and what it produces in his life.  He was confident that God’s love and passion toward him was forever and ever and this caused him to be like a flourishing olive tree, anointed in the house of God.

Application:

Knowing you are loved has a very strong ability to make you confident in life.  When you know you are loved, you have the confidence to face whatever you are going through.  When we don’t think we are loved, the enemy wreaks havoc in our lives.  We can have extreme confidence as believers that God has unending, passionate, love for us.  We can be strong, anointed, and flourish, not because of our perfections, but because of His grace and love.  Our confidence cannot be in ourselves and our abilities, but in the love of God.

Prayer:

Lord, I know I have a tendency to walk on a performance treadmill.  Let me grow more and more confident in your love, especially in the fact that I can’t earn it, deserve it, and cannot work hard enough for it.  Your grace is truly amazing.  Help me to live a flourishing, anointed life because I know Your love for me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment