Thursday, August 29, 2019

Close to His Heart

Scripture:

“He anoints his people with strength and authority, showing his great favor to all his godly lovers, even to his princely people, Israel, who are so close to his heart. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭148:14‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Psalmist tells us that God anoints his people with strength, authority, and favor.  He goes on the say that we are close to His heart.  It closes with the highest praise “Hallelujah”.  This is written to Israel, but we have been grafted into the family so it pertains to us as well.

Application:

I need to understand more deeply just how much the Lord loves us and how close I am to His heart.  I  know as a father, how close my sons are to my heart.  I know I would give them anything I have and love to bless them as much as possible.  I am a lover of God and therefore, I should expect to be anointed with strength, authority and favor.

Prayer:

Father, help to be grounded deeper in Your love than ever before.  Let me understand the depths of Your goodness and kindness to me.  Anoint my life with strength, authority and favor today and I will sing hallelujah.  Help me to realize that You have given me a place as a prince in Your kingdom.  I am the child of the King.  Let favor one stronger and stronger in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment