Friday, August 16, 2019

Revive Us Again

Scripture:

“Revive us again, O God! I know you will! Give us a fresh start! Then all your people will taste your joy and gladness.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭85:6‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

This Psalm is simply a cry to the Lord to revive His people.  His people had moved away from Him and His ways.  To revive means to resuscitate or to bring back to life.  He realized that separation from God brings death and wanted God to revive his people.  He followed that by saying, “I know You will.”  Here I see confidence that his prayers will be answered.

Application:

There are areas in my life that are not as alive as they once were spiritually.  Sometimes we go through dry seasons that don’t seem to have as much life in them.  We must cry out for God to revive us and give us a fresh start.  We can’t let our relationship with Him ever grow cold or stale.  We want to walk in joy and gladness.

Prayer:

Father, revive my life.  Revive my city.  Revive my church.  Revive my family.  Revive us again.   I know You will do it again.  I’m looking for the outpouring of Your Spirit that is coming that will revive the working of Your Spirit in my region.  Let You Church experience a fresh start and let Your people have joy and gladness again.  Fill Your house!

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment