Wednesday, August 7, 2019

God’s Conviction

Scripture:

“For the arrows of your conviction have pierced me deeply. Your blows have struck my soul and crushed me.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭38:2‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here states the the arrows of God’s conviction had pierced him deeply and His blows had struck his soul and crushed him.  This is true conviction for sin.  David felt conviction for his sin very deep and strong.  When he messed up, he knew how to come back to God in humility and brokenness.

Application:

It seems today that there is less and less conviction for sin that people feel.  We need to learn from David what sin does to our lives and our relationship with the Lord.  It separates us from Him and that is the worst thing that could ever happen.  We must ask God to strengthen our conviction level to feel what He feels and to respond appropriately.  Personally, I want to see conviction fall on people once again in the presence of God so that they will repent quickly and strongly for their sins.  I want to feel convicted strongly again personally.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, convict me of sin and wrongdoing.  Convict me when I am walking in any way that displeases You.  I want to be sensitive to You and Your voice.  When I mess up, I want to feel what David felt.  I want to please You Lord with my life.  Show me when I mess up quickly and let my heart be ready to repent and turn to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment