Saturday, August 10, 2019

My Strength is not my Own

Scripture:

“My strength is found when I wait upon you. Watch over me, God, for you are my mountain fortress; you set me on high!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭59:9‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist in this passage declares that his strength was found, not in himself, but in waiting upon the Lord.  He realized that he was powerless without the Lord.  He realized it was God who was his mountain fortress and that it was God who set him on high.  His strength was not self gained, but came from waiting on the Lord.

Application:

Waiting on God can be the most frustrating thing these days because we like to get business done precisely when there is a problem.  Waiting for a solution makes us want to make something happen on our own.  We have learned to achieve just about anything we want without His intervention.  Therefore, it is harder to wait on Him for Him to move than it is to step in and fix things on our own.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to wait patiently for You to take care of things in my life.  Help me to not move on because things are not going the way I would like.  I want You to be the center and the source of my life.  I don’t want to go ahead of You, but I want You to lead me and I will follow.  Forgive me for the times I have stepped ahead of You and taken action because I didn’t see anything happen.  I want to be completely Yours.

Your Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment