Monday, August 26, 2019

Chosen

Scripture:

“He’s the God who chose us when we were nothing! His tender love for us continues on forever! He has rescued us from the power of our enemies! His tender love for us continues on forever!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭136:23-24‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here tells us that God chose us when we were nothing!  We had nothing to offer Him, but He chose us.  He goes on the say that He rescued us from the power of our enemies.  In each verse of this chapter, he reminds us that the tender love of God continues forever.

Application:

We must realize that we didn’t choose Christ, He chose us when we were nothing at all.  We had no worth without Him, yet He chose us.  I need to be reminded that God’s tender love endures forever.  He is faithful!  Based on this verse, I need to thank God daily for choosing me, calling me, rescuing me from my enemies, and for loving me faithfully, not matter what is going on around me.

Prayer:

Father, You are incredibly faithful and loving.  Thank You for choosing me and setting my life apart for Your service.  You have blessed me over and over and I want to say thanks.  You have rescued me so many times when I have messed up.  Thank You for being my Father.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment