Saturday, August 3, 2019

Scripture:

“So may the words of my mouth, my meditation-thoughts, and every movement of my heart be always pure and pleasing, acceptable before your eyes, my only Redeemer, my Protector-God.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭19:14‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here describes his desire to be pure before the Lord in thought, word, and intentions of the heart.  He wanted everything in his life to be acceptable in the Lord’s eyes.  He desired purity and God blessed his life in big ways.

Application:

Purity, character, integrity, and having a right heart, are crucial in our walk with God.  We should ask the Holy Spirit daily to purify our hearts, motives, and actions.  Our desire, like the Psalmist, should be to be pleasing in God’s sight.  I want to ask the Lord daily to wash me with the water of His word and to purify every area of my life.

Prayer:

Examine me Holy Spirit.  Point out the areas that are not right with you.  Teach me to hunger and thirst more and more for You and to walk in Your paths.  I want to serve You well and with purity of heart, action, and thoughts.  Help me to live a life that You can bless in every area.  Show me what to change and I will change it.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment