Friday, August 23, 2019

Joyous Sacrifice

Scripture:

“For the Lord our God has brought us his glory-light. I offer him my life in joyous sacrifice. Tied tightly to your altar I will bring you praise. For you are the God of my life and I lift you high, exalting you to the highest place.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭118:27-28‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Psalmist says that he offers his life in joyous sacrifice.  He goes on to say that he will bring God praise while tied tightly to his altar.  He understood that God always responds to the sacrifice of praise.  He didn’t offer a bull or a goat, he knew to offer God his life and he was going to stay in that place of sacrifice because he had tied himself symbolically to the altar.

Application:

We need to tie our lives to the God’s altar and live there.  Paul told us to offer our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable.  God has done so much for us, He deserves our sacrifice of praise and a life that brings Him glory.  We should live as a constant offering to the Lord.  We must realize that our lives are not our own, but belong to Him.

Prayer:

Lord God, You have done so much for me.  You have saved me, healed me, helped me out so many times.  You are my rock and my salvation.  You are the strength of my life.  I lay my life down before You and I tie myself to Your altar.  My life belongs to You.  Help me to live a life of praise that lifts up Your name in all the earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment