Friday, August 30, 2019

Resist Revenge

Scripture:

“Resist revenge, and make sure that no one pays back evil in place of evil but always pursue doing what is beautiful to one another and to all the unbelievers.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:15‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Thessalonians that they should resist revenge and not pay people back when they do us wrong.  He goes on to say that we should pursue doing what is beautiful to people.  Revenge is for God to take care of, not us.  We are to be a blessing to everyone, even those who say bad things about us and treat us poorly.  We are to treat people beautifully.

Application:

It is easy to get hurt and want to pay people back for what they have done to us.  It is much better to take the high road of love and learn to love people who hurt us and treat us wrongly.  God is love and we should be people who walk in His love at all times, even when we have been hurt.  We can only do this by yielding to the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

Father, help me to love those who hurt me and say bad things about me.  Teach me to yield more completely to your Spirit.  I can quote that “God is love”, but I want to live a life where people would say, “Jeff is love”.  Let me be more like You every day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment