Saturday, August 24, 2019

Never Offended

Scripture:

“There is such a great peace and well-being that comes to the lovers of your word, and they will never be offended.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:165‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist declares here that there is incredible peace and over all well-being for those who love the Word of God.  He goes on to say that they will never be offended.  In other words, the more of the word we have in our lives, the less likely we are to be offended.  The word builds us up and strengthens us relationally.

Application:

I want to be a lover of God’s Word more and more.  I want to know His thoughts and precepts like the Psalmist cried out throughout the chapter.  I want to live above offense in my life and to do that, I need to fall in love with God’s word.  It will also bring the peace and well-being I desire.  I need to be more faithful in my daily washes.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in Your word continually.  Let me never take Your word as a simple discipline that must be adhered to every day.  Let me love Your word like the author of Psalm 119.  Take me deeper and make me a stronger teach of Your Word.  

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment