Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Did God Really Say?

Scripture:

“The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This verse is found isn’t he original temptation of man and it is the question Satan always asks.  He wants us to question whether we have really heard from God or not.  His desire is to make us question God and our relationship with Him.  If he can do that, he knows our faith will be affected.  Satan doesn’t usually tempt us with sin, he tempts us with questions.

Application:

When Jesus was tempted by Satan, He responded with the Word of God.  He always responded, not by questioning God, but by declaring what God has already spoken.  In our lives, we must learn not to question God or His word, but to stand firmly on it in every circumstance.  We are called to trust, not to question God all the time.

Prayer:

Father, bring me to the place this year that I don’t question what You want to do in my life, my church, my community or the world.  Help me to walk by faith and be stronger in Your word.  You are worthy of my very best!  Help me never to question You, but to trust You and believe Your word in the good times and in the bad times.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment