Friday, January 11, 2019

When God Defends You

Scripture:

“I could destroy you, but the God of your father appeared to me last night and warned me, ‘Leave Jacob alone!’”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭31:29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob had worked for Laban for twenty years.  He had watched his flocks, served him, and married his daughters.  God blessed Jacob, even though Laban changed his wages ten times in the twenty years.  When Jacob was leaving, Laban wanted to destroy him but said, “the God of your father appeared to me last night and warned me, “Leave Jacob alone!”.  God spoke to a man who didn’t even know Him to defend his own.

Application:

God can wake our enemies up or give them a dream in the night.  He can cause even our enemies to bless us and to release us.  God scared Laban to the point he let Jacob go.  He can do the same in our day.  He can convict those who stand against us until they change their minds.  We must put our full trust in the Lord’s hands.  He can surely defend us better than we can defend ourselves.

Prayer:

Lord, I am Yours.  Teach me to walk with You and to trust You deeper and deeper this year.  I know You can make things happen  and turn situations around.  You are able to wake people up in the night and tell them to bless me and Your church.  Wake some people up around me Lord.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment