Friday, January 25, 2019

Prepared and Ready

Scripture:

“So always be ready, alert, and prepared, because at an hour when you’re not expecting him, the Son of Man will come.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:44‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was talking to His disciples about His second coming.  He told them to “always be ready, alert, and prepared” because He would come at a time they didn’t expect it.  Read, alert, and prepared is how we are suppose to be living our lives.  He could come at any moment and Jesus wanted His people to be looking for His appearing at any time..  Time has passed and we don’t live in that Ernest expectation any more.

Application:

During this season of prayer and fasting, my desire has been to clearly and accurately hear the voice of the Lord and to respond with an unswerving “yes Lord”.  I want to be ready for whatever God wants to do in the earth.  I want to live every moment in step with the Spirit, that is where real life comes from.  I need to be more alert to him and less tuned in to other things.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be ready, alert and prepared when Jesus comes again.  Heighten my alert systems in the Spirit so I can be ready to receive any alerts that You send.  Help me to live ready and prepared.  I want to stay in step with You.  I don’t want to just be ready, but walking with You, fulfilling Your will in the earth when Christ comes again.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment