Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Healing Starts with Compassion

Scripture:

“So when Jesus landed he had a huge crowd waiting for him. Seeing so many people, his heart was deeply moved with compassion toward them, so he healed all the sick who were in the crowd.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭14:14‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

In this verse we see that Jesus was ministering to a huge crowd of people.  He saw so many that His heart was “deeply moved with compassion.”  The next words are, “so he healed all the sick who were in the crowd.”  It was His heart of compassion toward the people that caused Him to want to heal their sick.  Healing flows through love and compassion.

Application:

I want to be overcome with the love of God.  I want to walk in the same compassion that Jesus did for people.  I am convinced that love and compassion are the heart of God.  God is love and those who love Him must also love others.  I want to be more compassionate and less judgmental when I see people with problems.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be one with You.  I want to love like You love.  I want to see people how You see them.  Thank You for leading us into this season of fasting and prayer.  More than ever, I want to walk in unity with You and others.  Teach me compassion and love, because You are love.  Let Your love flow through my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment