Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hold Onto The Vision

Scripture:

“He said to me, ‘I will make you fruitful, and I will multiply your descendants. I will make you a multitude of nations. And I will give this land of Canaan to your descendants after you as an everlasting possession.’”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭48:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob was at the very end of his long life.  God had encountered him early in his life and told him he would be fruitful and that God would multiply his descendents as well as give him the land of Canaan to possess.  At the very end of his life, in another country where his family had settled, he was still speaking the vision God gave him.  He stood on the promise of God till the very end of his life.

Application:

It is easy to get frustrated when things are not going like I think they should.  It is easy to look around and think that God’s words are not coming true in my life.  I need to walk like Jacob who was still declaring the vision God had given him decades before and at the end of his life.  I need to learnt o hold onto the visions God has put in my heart and never let go for any reason.  I also need to learn to declare the vision more often.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk by faith and trust You with Your promises.  Help me to hold onto the visions You have given me, even when things are not going well around me and I don’t really see it coming to pass.  Help me to declare the visions till the end of my days and not give up.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment