Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Forgiveness is Crucial

Scripture:

"In this same way, my heavenly Father will deal with any of you if you do not release forgiveness from your heart toward your fellow believer."  Matthew 18:35

Observation:

Jesus had just told a parable about a man who owed a terrible debt to a king and was released when he begged for forgiveness.  The same man had someone who owed him a comparatively tiny amount.  He put the man who owed him into prison until he could pay the debt.  Jesus said when the king found out he would turn him over to the prison to be tortured until he paid it all.  Immediately, Jesus says, "in this same way", the Father will deal with those who don't forgive their fellow believers.

Application:

As believers, we have been forgiven a huge debt of sin.  We must never have unforgiveness toward another believer.  God has been speaking clearly to me during this fast season that unforgiveness and lack of unity is killing the body of Christ today.  I believe, if we all walk in forgiveness and love with each other, we will see an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our generation.  As for me, I want to walk in a deeper level of love and forgiveness.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in forgiveness, love, and unity with God and other believers.  Teach me to live like Christ did.  Help me to be quick to forgive and to be a promoter of unity in the body.  Unify my life, my home, my church, my community, etc.  Show me how to love like You love.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment