Saturday, January 19, 2019

Love Reveals Identity

Scripture:

“However, I say to you, love your enemy, bless the one who curses you, do something wonderful for the one who hates you, and respond to the very ones who persecute you by praying for them. For that will reveal your identity as children of your heavenly Father. He is kind to all by bringing the sunrise to warm and rainfall to refresh whether a person does what is good or evil.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:44-45‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus says here that we are to love our enemies, bless those who curse us, and to do wonderful things for those who persecute us.  He goes on to say that this reveals our identity as God’s children.  When we love those who hate us, we reveal that we are God’s kids.

Application:

It is easy to love those who love us, but hard to love those who hate us and are persecuting us.  The only way to do this is through Jesus.  He loved those who were torturing Him.  When His love really permeates our lives, we will love like He loved.  I want God’s love to fill my life and to flow out of me.  I want to walk with Jesus and do as He would do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and Your love is indescribable.  Let my identity be seen in your love flowing through my life.  Help me to love as You love and to treat others as You would.  Teach me to walk in step with You at all times.  I want to say what You are saying and do what You are doing.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment