Thursday, January 3, 2019

God’s Image

Scripture:

“If anyone takes a human life, that person’s life will also be taken by human hands. For God made human beings in his own image.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Noah, after the flood, received this word from the Lord.  He basically says that anyone who kills a human needs to be killed himself because God made human beings in His own image.  Murder is seen here as terrible mostly because that person who was murdered was made in the image of God.  There is serious punishment here related to killing someone made in God’s image.  We should honor people because they are created in God’s image.

Application:

When we take this out a little farther, we should also honor people the way we would honor God because they are created in His image.  When we think of people, we shouldn’t ever look down on them because they were created in God’s image.  The value of human life has more to do with God’s image than anything else.  I need to learn to value others simply because they are created in God’s image.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for sharing this with me today.  Help me to value and honor people and their lives because You created them in Your image.  Help me not to offend or hurt an image-bearer.  Help me to see people as I see You and help me to honor them appropriately.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment