Monday, January 7, 2019

When God Works on Your Behalf

Scripture:

“Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife, and his female servants, so they could have children. For the Lord had caused all the women to be infertile because of what happened with Abraham’s wife, Sarah.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭20:17-18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage Abraham prays to God for Abimilech’s wife and servants to the blessed so they could have children.  It goes on to say that the Lord had caused them all to be barren because of what happened to Abraham’s wife Sarah.  Barrenness came into the family because they did wrong to the people of God.  Even though they didn’t know what they were doing, God judged them for touching on of His own.  God works on behalf of those who are committed to Him.

Application:

We need to be confident in God, knowing that He has our backs.  When someone touches one of His, He takes is seriously.  We can trust a God like this who fights our battles and causes our enemies Infertility.  We must know that when our enemies come against us, they will deal with God.  He is our defender and not we ourselves.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to trust You as my defender.  Help me to trust that You will fight my battles and deal with my enemies so I don’t have to.  You are amazing and I want to walk in Oneness with You.  During this 21 day fast, help me to draw near to You like never before.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment