Monday, January 21, 2019

Share the Cross

Scripture:

“And whoever comes to me must follow in my steps and be willing to share my cross and experience it as his own, or he cannot be considered to be my disciple.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:38‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

I love reading different translations of the Bible because you see a little different perspective on things.  In this Passion version Jesus says his disciples must “follow in my steps and be willing to share my cross and experience it as his own”.  Real disciples must be willing to experience the cross as well as the resurrection.

Application:

I don’t like hardships and trials.  I don’t like being rejected, chastised, and hurting on the inside and outside.  Jesus says it is part of the life of a real disciple.  A real disciple must face difficulties and tough times.  These times purify us and strengthen our faith.  Rather than run from the cross in my life, I need to share it, experience it, and grow through it.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to share the cross of Christ and experience it as my own.  Let me know You more intimately in my life and help me to see from Your perspective on all things.  I want to be Your disciple and look more and more like Jesus.  I want to know You in the power of Your resurrection and in the fellowship of your suffering.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment