Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Obedience and Blessing


Scripture:

““This is what the Lord says: Because you have obeyed me and have not withheld even your son, your only son, I swear by my own name that I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your descendants beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will conquer the cities of their enemies.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:16-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

After Abraham proved he was willing to offer his own son Isaac as a sacrifice to God, God spoke to him and said the would bless him and multiply  his descendants beyond number.  He even promised that his descedents would conquer their enemies.  All of this was promised because of obedience to sacrifice for God.

Application:

As modern day believers, we love the grace of God and resist sacrifice for Him.  True love will sacrifice for the one that is loved.  That is not a legalistic sacrifice, but true love will lay all down for the one that is loved.  As Abraham was willing to offer his own son, we must be willing to offer our all to the Lord, then we will receive the blessings He has promised us.  God wants to the the center of our lives, then His blessing will overtake out lives.  When we obey the word of the Lord, blessing will follow.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to follow Your voice with all of my heart.  Teach me Your ways.  Show me Your truths.  I am Yours.  Empower me to obey You, even when that will cost me dearly.  I want to walk in Your blessings, but I am also willing to sacrifice for You.  I offer myself to You this morning on the altar of sacrifice.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment