Wednesday, January 2, 2019

But Noah

Scripture:

“And the Lord said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them.” But Noah found favor with the Lord.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:7-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God was upset that He had made the human race because they were all continually evil.  He decided to destroy every living thing inculding humans and animals.  Nothing would be left.  In the midst of talking about destroying the earth, it says, “But Noah found favor with the Lord”.  When everyone else was being judged, God didn’t overlook the innocent.  He didn’t punish the righteous with the wicked.

Application:

God will always spare the righteous when He is punishing the wicked.  The righteous find favor with God and He will make a way of escape for them.  Our job is to walk in righteousness and in fellowship with Him, His job is to show His favor to us.  I want to walk closer to the Lord in 2019 than I ever have.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to walk in Your favor and blessings more and more this year.  I am Yours.  You are the center of my life and I trust You to take care of me in every way.  Teach me to hear Your voice more clearly and to walk in total and complete obedience.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment