Thursday, January 17, 2019

Burial Fit For a King

Scripture:

“So Joseph went up to bury his father. He was accompanied by all of Pharaoh’s officials, all the senior members of Pharaoh’s household, and all the senior officers of Egypt.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭50:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob died in Egypt.  He was a simple shepherd, but when he was buried, all of Pharaoh’s officials and senior members of his household and senior officers attended.  You know you made a difference when the senior cabinet of the most powerful nation in the world show up at your funeral.

Application:

God can take the most simple people and raise them up into places where they didn’t think they would ever be.  They say you can tell how much influence you had by who shows up at your funeral. The most powerful people on the planet showed up at Jacob’s funeral.  I want God to work in my life to make a diffference for those around me.  I believe God can place the simple into positions of power.  I am believing God to use my life to bless the nations.

Prayer:

Father, during this 21 day fast, help me to pursue You more and more with a pure heart.  I offer myself to You and trust that You will guide me into Your destiny for my life.  Help me to fulfill Your will and to make an impact in my generation.  Let my life count.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment