Friday, January 18, 2019

Direction From God Through Angels

Scripture:

“After they had gone, Joseph had another dream. An angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “Get up now and flee to Egypt. Take Mary and the little child and stay there until I tell you to leave, for Herod intends to search for the child to kill him.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Three times in the first two chapters of Matthew Joseph is directed by angels about what to do for Mary and Jesus.  He doesn’t appear to question whether he just had a bad dream or if he was going crazy.  He simply does what the angel says, and through it leads his family to safety, security, and into their God-given destiny.

Application:

I realize these angelic interactions were pretty dramatic and involved keeping the Son of God safe, but I am intrested in the interactions.  It lets me know that God is able to get His will across to us when He wants to.  He still uses dreams, visions, and angels to work today and I personally want more of these interactions.  I want to do what God wants, but sometimes question whether I’m hearing from God correctly.  I desire the clearest communication from the Lord, then it is easier to follow.

Prayer:

Father, speak to me.  Speak to me through dreams, visions, the word, and angels.  Speak to me through whatever means possible, but I hunger for clear direction from You.  I don’t want to miss what You are saying to me in any way.  I want to serve You well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment