Saturday, January 26, 2019

Abandoned

Scripture:

“But all of this fulfills the prophecies of the Scriptures.” At that point all of his disciples ran away and abandoned him.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:56‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had just walked through the most difficult time of His life in the Garden of Gethsemane.  We had poured out His heart to the Father until He was sweating blood.  Coming out of that incredibly difficult time, one of his disciples betrayed Him and gave him into the hands of soldiers to be arrested and eventually killed.  Right at the worst time in the life of Christ, ALL of His disciples ran away from Him and abandoned Him.

Application:

When we say things like, “I want to live like Jesus did,” we often don’t understand what we are saying.  Jesus was abandoned by His own disciples at the most trying time of His life.  Christ was abandoned by his closest friends out of His love for us.  He could have changed the situation, but He chose to go through with God’s plan.  Sometimes, people abandoning us is actually in the plan of God.  We must learn to realize that and not get offended when they do.  Jesus came back to His disciples and demonstrated love to them, even after they had abandoned Him.  We need to do the same.

Prayer:

Father, when I feel like this I trusted most have walked out on me, help me to realize it is all part of Your plan.  My walk with You is the most important thing in my life.  Help me to understand that people will hurt me and abandon me, but You never will.  Help me to love after abandonment like You did.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment