Saturday, January 12, 2019

He Has Been With Me

Scripture:

“We are now going to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God who answered my prayers when I was in distress. He has been with me wherever I have gone.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭35:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob is returning to Bethel, here he had encountered God in a powerful way.  The Lord told him to go back there and build an altar.  As Jacob is conveying his plan, he simply says some very powerful words, “He has been with me wherever I have gone.”  Jacob understood that God had never left him, but blessed him no matter where he ended up.

Application:

I can look over my life and know that since I was a child, “God has been with me.”  He has taken care of me, provided for me, sustained me, comforted me, helped me, healed me, given me favor in every area, and walked beside me as my comforter.  Wherever I have gone, His presence has been with me.  I understand theologically that God is everywhere, but I also know that He has been intimately involved in the details of my life.  He has never left me nor forsaken me.  My God has been with me.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for loving me, caring for me, counseling me, resourcing me, blessing me, healing me, and guiding my steps.  You have been with me wherever I have gone.  You have gone with me into many nations and all kinds of situations.  You are amazing and I love You more every day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment