Sunday, January 13, 2019

Blessed By Association

Scripture:

“From the day Joseph was put in charge of his master’s household and property, the Lord began to bless Potiphar’s household for Joseph’s sake. All his household affairs ran smoothly, and his crops and livestock flourished.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭39:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This verse tells us that, not only did Joseph prosper, but Potiphar was blessed for Joseph’s sake.  Everything flourished in Potiphar’s house because Joseph was in charge of it.  The favor of God will cause those around us to be blessed.  Potiphar was blessed, not based on anything he had done, but because of Joseph.

Application:

As a child of God, the people around me will be blessed by association.  If God wants to take care of me, He has to bless those who are around me.  Just as Potiphar knew that he was blessed because of Joseph, I want those who work around me to visibly see the blessing of God and turn realize it is Him working in my life.  I want to make those who observe my life jealous until they want Christ in their lives.

Prayer:

Father, let Your blessing fall on my life.  Let me walk in Your favor and grace until everyone I associate with sees it and wants in on it.  Help me to be a light that shines in darkness.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment