Wednesday, January 30, 2019

God’s Pupose

Scripture:

“But I have spared you for a purpose—to show you my power and to spread my fame throughout the earth.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭9:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God was speaking here to Pharaoh in Egypt.  He had demonstrated His power over and over again through incredible plagues among the Egyptian people.  The Lord told Pharaoh that He had spared Pharaoh for a purpose - “to show you my power and to spread my fame throughout the earth”.  God’s purpose is the spreading of his fame throughout the earth.

Application:

When we make our lives about spreading God’s fame throughout the earth, we will always be on the side of God’s blessing.  He always blesses those whose lives are consumed by spreading His fame in all the earth.  I have been spared for a purpose - to spread His fame and demonstrate His power.  I must live my life for that purpose.  When I do, I know I am doing the will of God.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring you fame in all the earth.  You are incredible and worthy of my very best.  Help me to lift up Your name to the ends of the earth.  I want the knowledge of the glory of the Lord to fill the earth like waters cover the sea.  Give me the resources and I will do everything I can to make your name famous in all the earth.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment