Thursday, January 10, 2019

My Gateway


Scripture:

“But he was also afraid and said, “What an awesome place this is! It is none other than the house of God, the very gateway to heaven!””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭28:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Jacob left his father’s house for fear of his brother, he laid down to sleep one night and he dreamed of a ladder that went to heaven with angels ascending and descending on it.  He said, “what an awesome place!  It is none other than the house of God, the very gate to heaven!”  

Application:

Jacob was brown away because he believed he had found a gateway to heaven.  For us as believers, prayer is our gateway to the Father.  We have been given access at any time of any day because of Jesus Christ.  What Jacob was amazed by, we have continually.  Our gate is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  We just need to go through it in prayer.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to increase my prayer life.  I want more time with You.  I want to go through the gate and into Your presence.  I want to come into Your presence more and more.  During this season of prayer nad fasting, enable me to encounter You at a greater level.  Open the gate and speak with me as friend with friend.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment