Monday, January 2, 2023

Close Fellowship

 Scripture:

“This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God.”  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Noah is described here as a righteous man, the only one on the earth at his time. He is also described as walking in close fellowship with God. He walked with God and belonged completely to the Lord.

Application:

God used Noah to save the earth from total destruction. The humans God had made, had become totally sinful and disobedient to God. I want to be described as one who walked in close fellowship with God. That tagline would be a great one for a headstone on a grave. “He walked in close fellowship with God.” My dreams and desires have less to do with accomplishing things FOR God and more with walking WITH God and doing whatever He says to me.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You. I want to walk with You. I want to fulfill Your desires on the earth. Help me to hear Your voice and walk in step with You all the days of my life. Teach me to walk “in close fellowship” with You like Noah did and like Enoch did. I don’t just want fellowship, I want “close” fellowship. I want to live a life surrendered to Your voice and call.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment