Monday, January 16, 2023

Make Me a Sheep

 Scripture:

“Then he blessed Joseph and said, “May the God before whom my grandfather Abraham and my father, Isaac, walked— the God who has been my shepherd all my life, to this very day,”. ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭48‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob wasn’t a perfect man. He did plenty of wrong in his lifetime, but apparently he had learned to walk with the Lord as his grandfather Abraham and his father Isaac. At the end of his life he pronounced a blessing on his grandchildren. In that blessing, he remembered the God of his grandfather and father. He also called the Lord, “The God who has been my shepherd all my life, to this very day.” Jacob was a shepherd and he understood God as a shepherd who would take care of the sheep.

Application:

We are still sheep and the Lord is the Good Shepherd. Since He is a good shepherd, we need to be good sheep. Good sheep follow His voice, go where He says, stay in the group, they do what every the shepherd wants them to because they trust the shepherd to lead them well. As God’s child, I am a sheep that can do nothing without my shepherd. I need God more than ever in my life. I want His leadership, direction, and understanding to lead me.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are the Good Shepherd. Help me to be a good sheep. You lead me beside still waters, and you make me lie down in green pastures. You have always taken care of me Lord. Teach me to know Your voice more clearly every day. I want to be a good sheep. I want to please my shepherd. Show me the way I am to go each and every day. I am yours.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment