Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Kingdom of Heaven is Near

 Scripture:

“Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus gave His disciples authority and then sent them out to preach and do what He was doing. I notice here that John the Baptist, Jesus, and His disciples all preached, “The kingdom of heaven in near.” They would heal the sick, raise the dead, cure leprosy, and cast out demons, but the message was, The Kingdom of Heaven is near.” A kingdom is a place where there is a monarch who rules. 

Application:

When we come to Jesus, we are brought into the Kingdom of heaven. He came to establish a kingdom, not build a church. I need to search deeper into this because I believe it is a key to the kingdom. I want to live in obedient submission to the king of this awesome kingdom. I want to understand what this means at a greater level.

Prayer:

Father, teach me about the kingdom of heaven. Help me to operate as Jesus taught His disciples to operate. Open this truth to me more and more as I endeavor to extend Your kingdom. Show me how to operate in Your kingdom. In each kingdom there are laws. Teach me the laws of the kingdom. 

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment