Monday, January 23, 2023

Increase My Faith

 Scripture:

““I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.””‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus made some very strong statements about faith and answered prayer. Sometimes, because we don’t see answer like in our lives, we begin to read the Scriptures differently. If the face value is simple to read and understand, we should take it as He said it. He said, “If two or three of you agree on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.” 

Application:

I need to believe the words of Christ, whether I have experientially observed them working or not. I should believe the Word of God and not try to explain why it doesn’t work or why I haven’t seen the answers. Usually, the problem is not the Word of God, but us. Jesus many times said it was our lack of faith. I want to walk in faith and believe the simple teachings of Jesus. I want to know Him more and walk with Him closer.

Prayer:

Jesus, You said that if two or three of us agree about anything we ask, that it would be done by our Father in heaven. Increase my faith to stand on this and believe it. Increase my faith in Your words and help me not try to explain away some of the things You said. I want to live the life of faith.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment