Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Don’t Mess With God’s People

 Scripture:

“But the Lord sent terrible plagues upon Pharaoh and his household because of Sarai, Abram’s wife.”‭‭Genesis‬ ‭12‬:‭17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Abraham had lied and told the people Sarai was his sister and not his wife. Pharaoh, in Egypt, gave all kinds of gifts for her, thinking she was the sister of Abraham. Once she was in his house, terrible plagues came on him and he realized shed was married to Abraham and he shouldn’t be messing with her. God took care of Sarai by bringing plagues on Pharaoh. 

Application:

God knows how to take care of His people. Places can be blessed or cursed with our presence. When God’s people walk into an area, they carry the favor and blessing of the Almighty. When they are put in danger or in a bad position, God will work to bring them out because He always protects His own. We must learn to trust that God will take care of those who try to harm us. His arsenal is much better than ours.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and You always take care of Your people. Help me to trust You more and more each day. I know that You are my shield and protector, but help me to trust that deep in my inner man. Let my faith level increase this year, and let me walk in confidence in Your calling and Your desires in my life. I want 2023 to be a great year of obedience to God and seeing new things. Protect my family as I go.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment