Thursday, January 26, 2023

Weaker Than We Think

 Scripture:

“Suddenly, Jesus’ words flashed through Peter’s mind: “Before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me.” And he went away, weeping bitterly.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26‬:‭75‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Peter told the Lord that even if they killed him, he would never deny Jesus. Jesus told him he would deny Him three times before the rooster crowed. He did exactly what Jesus said He would do. Suddenly he was overcome with grief and wept bitterly. He was sorrowful that he fell, but he never even thought it was possible.

Application:

Sometimes we may think we are stronger than we really are. There may be times in our lives we make promises to God, just to find out that we will break them over and over again. Why does Jesus let us do this? Maybe to show us our need for Him and His power in our lives. We must realize that we can’t do His work in our flesh, but must lean on the power of the Holy Spirit. We are much weaker than we think we are. We must understand that and learn to lean on the Holy Spirit more and more.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to know myself more and more. Help me to see my weaknesses and lean strongly on the power of the Holy Spirit. I want my life to please You more than anything. Teach me to remain humble , broken, and in need of You. Help me to never think more of myself than I ought. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment