Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Know the Scriptures and the Power of God

 Scripture:

“Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22‬:‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Some of the teachers of the Law tried to catch Jesus with a question about seven brothers dying and being married to the same woman and what would happen in the resurrection. Which one would she be married to was their question. Jesus told them the problem was that they didn’t know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Application:

Sometimes we can get tied up trying to explain unexplainable things in the Word of God. We should focus on knowing the Scriptures and knowing the power of God. Rather than focus on what we don’t know and understand in Scripture, we should focus on the parts we know and understand God’s power to do what He needs done. We need to focus on obeying what we know, then asking for more revelation.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know Your Word and Your power. I want to walk with You in a deeper relationship. I long to walk as friend with friend. I want to know Your voice and hear it daily. Teach me to abide in You and Your words. Help me to stay in alignment with You and to live from that place. I want to know You more intimately and to serve You well in my lifetime. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment