Thursday, January 12, 2023

God With Us

 Scripture:

“So Jacob told everyone in his household, “Get rid of all your pagan idols, purify yourselves, and put on clean clothing. We are now going to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God who answered my prayers when I was in distress. He has been with me wherever I have gone.””  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭35‬:‭2‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jacob was blessed of the Lord in so many ways. At this point in his life he had moved back to his people and his region and he told his people to get rid of anything pagan, purify themselves, and put on clean clothes because they were gong to a place where he met with God. He also reminds them that God had been with him wherever he had gone. At this point, there was no Bible or prophets, just Abraham’s family hearing from and being with God Almighty.

Application:

Jacob knew God was with him without a Bible or a scroll. He knew God was with him and spoke to him. He had no doubt about this God who had been dealing with his family for a long time. He knew from God, that before they appeared before Him they should cleanse themselves. We have a Bible, the Law, the Prophets, teachers, preachers, etc. and still can’t seem to hear the voice of God and know His ways. We must learn to seek God with all our heart until He is found by us. As for me, I want to know Him beyond the words of Scripture. I want to know His heart, His mind, His will, His desires.

Prayer:

Father, cleanse me and purify my life. I offer You my life and ask You to use it for Your glory. Help me to see You high and lifted up. Teach me to walk with You and fellowship with You. Show me how to represent You well. I want to make You look good on the earth through my life. I want to be completely Yours.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment