Saturday, January 14, 2023

I Can’t… God Can

 Scripture:

““It is beyond my power to do this,” Joseph replied. “But God can tell you what it means and set you at ease.””  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭41‬:‭16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Joseph had interpreted dreams while he was in prison. Once again he had a great attitude in prison after being falsely accused. He now stood before Pharaoh to interpret his dreams and Pharaoh asked him if he could interpret the dreams. His response was that he couldn’t do it, but God could tell him the meaning. He knew his limitations, remained humble, and gave glory to God.

Application:

Any gift in our lives is there because of God and it is for His purposes, not our own. We must realize that any good thing in us is there for God’s glory and not our own. Remaining humble when God blesses you and making sure to give God the glory in all circumstances will bring blessing into your life. I want to respond like Joseph when someone needs something, “I can’t, but God can.”

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to live a life that brings You glory. When people approach me about things, let my answer be, “I can’t, but God can.” Help me to have incredible faith in You, but to recognize it is all You. I want to walk as a humble servant of Yours that You can trust.

Yours For Eternity,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment