Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The Impact of a Smile

 Scripture:

“But Jacob insisted, “No, if I have found favor with you, please accept this gift from me. And what a relief to see your friendly smile. It is like seeing the face of God!”  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭33‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage Jacob is returning to his family and he knows he is going to run into his brother Esau, who he had stolen the blessing and the birthright from years before. Esau had wanted to kill Jacob, so Jacob was scared to come home. When they finally saw each other, Jacob declared that seeing Esau’s smile was like seeing the face of God. A smile made him know everything was going to be okay.

Application:

A smile communicates so many things. A smile is powerful. A smile communicates, “I’m happy to see you.” As believers, we should have the joy of the Lord and peace, love, and contentment, therefore, we should smile more than other people. We have hope they don’t have. We have promises they don’t have. When they see us, our smile should be like seeing the face of God.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and I love You with all my heart. I want my smile back Lord. For most of my life I have been known for my smile and I feel like I don’t smile as much as I did in the past. Let people see You in my smile and let my life be used to improve the lives of those around me. Let me be an uplifting person and one You can use for Your glory. I’m Yours Lord. 

Forever, Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment