Friday, January 27, 2023

All Authority

 Scripture:

“Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had died, was buried, then resurrected, and was ready to ascend to heaven to be with His Father. In that moment, just before He ascended, yet after His resurrection, He told the disciples He had been given ALL AUTHORITY, therefore they should go. This morning, ALL AUTHORITY stood out to me. ALL AUTHORITY means that He had everything necessary to do what needs done in our lives.

Application:

We serve the one who has ALL AUTHORITY. He doesn’t just have SOME AUTHORITY. He has ALL AUTHORITY. Therefore, when we approach Him, we must do so in faith that He has what is necessary to meet every need, to change any situation, and to do whatever is necessary in our lives. We must come to Him in faith. Jesus, our elder brother, has all authority from the Father and He shares that authority with us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in the authority You have given Jesus and us. Help me to learn to exercise that authority in my life. Teach me to make full use of the authority given to Jesus for the advancement of His kingdom. You are my all in all. You are my everything. I long to be one with You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment