Friday, January 6, 2023

Singled Out

 Scripture:

“I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. Then I will do for Abraham all that I have promised.”” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭18‬:‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here about Abraham, who He knew He could trust. He singled him out so that he would direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. Abraham was singled out because God could trust him to raise his kids to honor the Lord. God’s plans are generational, not always immediate. 

Application:

Sometimes the Lord will single you out and ask you to do certain things that maybe everyone isn’t doing. Sometimes God will single you out to touch a certain part of the world or to feed a certain group of people. Sometimes God will single you out, but God only singles out those He can trust to do what He is asking them to do. Our job is to be available. His job is to single us out for His purposes. Then we must follow through on what He has asked us to do.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are faithful and good! Your worthy of all my worship and praise. You are holy, mighty, majestic and powerful. I love You with all my heart. During this fasting season, help me to align myself more closely to Your will for my life. I want to walk and work as one with You. Single me out for what You desire and I will say yes. Make me trustworthy in every way.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment