Sunday, January 8, 2023

Living in God’s Presence

 Scripture:

“He responded, ‘The Lord, in whose presence I have lived, will send his angel with you and will make your mission successful. Yes, you must find a wife for my son from among my relatives, from my father’s family.”  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭24‬:‭40‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Abraham had sent his servant to find a wife for Isaac. The servant didn’t really even know where he was going or how to find Abraham’s people. Abraham told him, “The Lord, IN WHOSE PRESENCE IF HAVE LIVED, will make your mission successful. Abraham was confident that his servant would have success because he had spent time in the presence of the Lord and he knew the ways of the Lord. He knew God would provide. His faith was strong because he had lived in God’s presence.

Application:

I love this description of Abraham, that he lived in the presence of the Lord. I want to walk in confidence that I will be successful in every mission God sends me on because I have been in His presence. I want to live in the presence of God and walk closely with Him as friend with friend. I want oneness this year at a new level. I want to see what He sees, feel what He feels, and speak what He is saying. 

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You more and more. I long for Your presence. I want Your touch on my life and Your words in my mouth. Take every part of me and let me know Your presence. Let me spend time in Your presence this year like never before. I want to walk with You and not fulfill my own desires, but Yours. I want to live in Your presence day and night.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment