Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Thankfulness and Obedience

 Scripture:

“The sacrifice that honors me is a thankful heart. Obey me, and I, your God, will show my power to save.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭50:23‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is honored by the sacrifice of a thankful heart. He also promises here that when we obey Him, He will show His power to save.  

Application:

Sometimes it is a sacrifice to have a thankful heart. When I want to complain and feel like I never have enough, I am reminded that I need to be thankful for how God has blessed my life. It is easy to complain, it is harder to be thankful., but thankfulness changes the atmosphere around me. When I’m content and thankful for what I have, it bring me joy. God promises here to save those who obey Him. I want my obedience level to always be the priority of my life. I long to do everything God wants me to do, nothing more, nothing less.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be thankful, even when I don’t feel like there is much to be thankful for. You have truly been good to me and taken care of me throughout all my years. Help me to live a life of obedience, but I need to know Your will at all times so I can obey. I can’t obey what I don’t know, so please speak to me and show me what I am to be doing at all times. 

Your Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment