Thursday, August 4, 2022

Following God

 Scripture:

“Show me your paths and teach me to follow;” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭25:4‬ ‭CEV

Observation:

The Psalmist here tells the Lord to show him God’s path and to teach him to follow. This is the heart’s desire of the Psalmist as he is pursuing the Lord. He wants to know God’s path and he desires strongly to follow it. 

Application:

This verse describes the heart of my daily prayer time with the Lord. I simply want to know what God wants me to do daily. I never want to stray from God’s path or just do what I want to do. I want to walk in the center of God’s will throughout my entire life. I also cry out for God to show me how to follow well. I want to be led by the Lord and walk in step with His Spirit. This has been my lifelong desire and I will continue to long for God’s direction.

Prayer:

My Lord and My God, You know my heart and the desires in it. You know my thoughts and what’s inside of me. I long to know exactly what You want me to do at all times. I never want to step out of alignment with You. Help me to hear Your voice clearly and to follow with precision. I long to walk in step with You and to partner with You in the expansion of Your kingdom.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment