Thursday, August 18, 2022

Love God…Hate Evil

 Scripture:

“Love the Lord and hate evil! God protects his loyal people and rescues them from violence.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭97:10‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Psalmist reminds God’s people to love the Lord and hate evil. He goes on to add that God protects his loyal people and rescues them from violence. God is looking for loyalty and loyalty is seen in love God and hating evil.

Application:

We live in a society where evil is called good and good is called evil. In this culture, we must learn to love God, and His ways, above all else, including our reputation and image. Today, when you hate evil, you are labeled by society as someone who is not loving or accepting or tolerant. We must learn to live according to God’s ways and love Him, hate evil, and fulfill His purposes, no matter what that costs us. 

Prayer:

Father, let my love for You increase and my hatred of evil increase as well. Show me how to live in this generation, loving the sinner and hating the sin. Teach me to be loyal to You above all else. I want Your protection and for You to rescue me when I am in trouble. Teach me to walk according to Your ways and to know Your paths. I want to walk this righteous path, loving people, and yet hating evil. Help me to do it well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment