Monday, August 29, 2022

Humility Before God

 Scripture:

“The Lord is pleased with his people, and he gives victory to those who are humble.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭149:4‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

This passage tells us that God gives victory to those who are humble. Throughout Scripture we find that God resists the proud and gives great grace to the humble. Humility is smiled upon in a big way by God Almighty. He defends those who realize they need Him and cannot defend themselves.

Application:

Humility is the best posture to see God work in our lives. When we humbly come before Him, He always comes through. He delights in someone who is dependent on Him instead of dependent on himself. We need to trust God completely and not lean on our own understanding. We need to humble ourselves before Him and admit that His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts far exceed our thoughts.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to walk in humility and not think I know everything. Help me to submit myself completely to You in every area and trust Your plans. Show me how to walk deeper with You as my Lord and my God. I want to please You and to honor You with my life. You are the only one worthy of my worship.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment