Thursday, August 11, 2022

God Gives Peace

 Scripture:

“Only God gives inward peace, and I depend on him.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭62:5‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist, King David at this point, had seen about every scenario possible. He had been attacked, chased, lied about, and fought against. He had also experienced the glory of the palace and all God has blessed him with. At the end of it all, he says, “Only God gives inward peace, and I depend on Him.” He realized that money, armies, etc. don’t bring inward peace. That comes only from God.

Application:

The only real peace is God’s peace. When we learn to trust Him and walk with Him daily, His peace will fill our hearts. In that peace there is confidence and strength, knowing that He is with you and will take care of you. There is no counterfeit for God’s peace. You either have it or you don’t. I love His peace and want to walk in it every day of my life. I depend on Him for it. He is the supplier.

Prayer:

Father God, You bring me peace in my life. You have allowed me to enter Your peace and to live there and I love it. I wouldn’t trade Your peace for anything this world has to offer. Real peace can’t be bought or obtained any other way than through You. You are my peace and I appreciate it more than You know. Thank You for sharing Your peace with me. Let me always be led forth with peace.

Yours,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment