Saturday, August 27, 2022

Completely Helpless

 Scripture:

“I pray to you, Lord! You are my place of safety, and you are my choice in the land of the living. Please answer my prayer. I am completely helpless.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭142:5‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Psalmist prays to the Lord and declares that God is his place of safety and his choice in the land of the living. He asks God to answer his prayer because he admits he is completely helpless. His humility before the Lord is awesome, He knows that God can do anything and that only God can help him at this point. 

Application:

I need to be more like the Psalmist and realize I am completely helpless. God seems to help those who know they are completely helpless, maybe because their pride has been dealt with and they are in trouble without God’s intervention. I want to trust the Lord more and myself less each day.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk with You more and more in my life. Help me to trust You more and myself less. Help me not to lean on my own understanding, but to acknowledge You in all my ways and let You direct my paths. Work in my life Lord and show me the path forward. Guide me each day. Open doors only You can open and shut doors that need shut.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment