Saturday, August 6, 2022

Desires

Scripture:

“Do what the Lord wants, and he will give you your heart's desire.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37:4‬ ‭CEV‬‬ 

Observation:

The Psalmist here speaks about doing the will of the Lord. In the older versions it says delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. When we make pleasing God the most important thing in our lives, we can expect that God will bless us and give us our heart’s desire, which at that point is the will of God in our lives. 

Application:

Sometimes our hearts get off track and start focusing on ourselves instead of what God wants for our lives. It is easy to fall into this because we are built as selfish beings that automatically default to our own desires. When we make God’s desires our desires, He will give us what we desire, which is His desires. When we desire what God desires, we are going to get our heart’s desires. 

Prayer:

God Almighty, let my desires always be Your desires. Help me not to lean on what I want to do or accomplish in this life, but on what You want for my life. Teach me to delight myself in You and Your presence, and trust You to then take care of the things I desire. Let me stay in alignment with You throughout my days and know that You will take care of me and my family.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment