Monday, September 30, 2019

Four Promises to Lean On

Scripture:

“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah gives this beautiful and powerful word from the Lord.  He tells them not to be afraid or discouraged because: God is with them, He is their God, He will strengthen them, and He will hold them up with His victorious right hand.  These four promises from God have given strength and encouragement to God’s people for centuries.

Application:

Sometimes I can get discouraged and allow fear into my life.  Discouragement takes the courage out of us and stops us from attempting things for God.  These four promises need to stay in my heart and mind throughout the day every day.  He promises that He will be with me.  He let’s me know He is my God.  He strengthens and helps me, and He holds me up with his powerful arm.  It is totally about Him and not about me.  Therefore, I need to let Him do His work and trust Him more and more.

Prayer:

Father, You are incredible.  Thank you for your promises to me.  Help me to not to be fearful or discouraged, but to trust Your promises.  Help me to know the next steps in my life, my family, and the church I lead.  I want to see You work powerfully each day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment